Hello there, today I have a card for you which uses some fun products from Picket Fence Studios. A while back I was sent some Paper Glaze to play with and finally I got around to seeing what it’s all about. I really enjoyed using it, it’s quite different from anything I have in my stash. More about that later. So, here is my card for today, along with the sweetest koala who is dropping by to say hello.
- I started by mixing two of the Paper Glaze pastes together on the TH Glass Media Mat. I used mostly Snowdrop White along with a tiny amount of Peony Pink to create a soft pink mix. The Peony Pink is quite dark so I really only needed a tiny amount. The glazes are quite creamy, the texture is more silky and fluid than normal texture pastes and they have the most gorgeous shine when they dry. You can also use them to watercolor, which I shall try soon.
- I laid down the Clearly Besotted Cloudy Day stencil onto some Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock (untextured side) and applied the glaze mix through it with a palette knife. I set it aside to dry and washed the stencil and palette knife straight away. I also cleaned off my media mat – as with all pastes, they dry quickly so it’s best to clean them off as soon as possible. I once dropped some down a favourite t-shirt of mine without realising and I was never able to get it off.
- Next I stamped the koala with balloon image from Picket Fence I Wish We Could Hug set, coloured it with Copics and fussy cut it out but there are coordinating dies if you prefer. I added some Nuvo Aqua Shimmer and some white gel pen for additional interest.
- Next I die cut a cloud edge using Heffy Doodle Silver Linings cloud border dies and also some additional clouds from MFT Cute Cloud Outlines.
- I popped the cloud border into the MISTI and stamped a sentiment from the set using Versafine Clair Nocturne.
- To assemble the card I adhered the pasted background onto a white card base with DST. I then popped the cloud border on with foam tape for some dimension. The koala and extra clouds were adhered with both MMM and foam tape.
Isn’t he just gorgeous floating down through the pink puffy clouds! I went through several versions of this card in my head over the past few days and once in the craft room before I finally settled on this design and I love how it turned out. If you hop over to Instagram, you will see the shine in a little video clip I have put up.
I hope that you are all keeping safe and well. Even though the restrictions have been lifted a little here in the UK, I still feel safer at home although it is driving me slightly batty and a tad grumpy sometimes!! I hope they find a vaccine soon! Thank you all for stopping by, I wish you a happy Thursday and a lovely weekend. Take care!