Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well. A short time ago I was on a mission to make some more birthday cards, and needed to do some quickly. So I did a little mass production, but made some simple changes to each card so that they were all different in their own way. This did slow it down somewhat though! I’m never great at mass production as I always change things as I go along but I did make these cards quicker than I would normally make five separate cards, so that’s a win for me!
- Altenew Handpicked Bouquet is one of my favourite stamp sets. It can be used as a stamp layering set but also if you are a colourist, you can colour the beautiful line image any way you wish – both ways turn out so pretty!
- I began by stamping the image onto five A2 panels using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. And I use the MISTI for all my stamping as it really helps with lining things up when stamping multiple panels.
- I took 5 different sets of Altenew inks for the floral section on each panel and stamped the three relevant layers going from light to dark. If you really want to speed things up, just use one set of inks and stamp everything the same colour.
- For the leaves I used two greens and they were the same on all five panels.
- There are a couple of other small sections to stamp (small bud and a few leaves) and I just did those with colours that went well with the main floral image
- All images were cut out with the coordinating die.
- I decided on the layout for each card (4 different designs in the end)
- Next I took 5 additional white A2 panels and used the Taylored Expressions Rectangle Masking stencil for each background. I picked coordinating Distress Inks depnding on the floral colour and blended across the panel, making sure to leave some lovely white space for my sentiment
- Then I temporarily taped the floral die cut to each panel and stamped a suitable sentiment. My sentiments are from Handpicked Bouquet and Beautiful Day.
- Adhere all panels to a base card and then add the floral image either with foam tape or liquid adhesive.
- I added a few raindrops from Lucy’s cards to embellish.
One of these has already gone out to a very special friend. And I have four left now for when I need them. I hope this gives you some inspiration for any stamp layering sets you may have in your stash. I’m sure it won’t be long before this one is out again in my craft room! Happy crafting!